Savannah River Valley
MARCH 14, 2015
Hart County Adult Learning Center next to the
Hart County Library, 150 Benson Street, Hartwell GA.
TIME 10:00am – 2:00pm
Set up for groups will begin at 9:00 am
11:30 – Guest Speaker Presentation
Our Speaker Robert C. Jones –“The End of the Civil War in Northeast Georgia”
Robert C. Jones is President of the Kennesaw Historical Society, as well as Programs and Education chairman of the Kennesaw Museum Foundation, which helped fund the 40,000 square foot Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw, GA. He is also an at-large member of the board of the Civil War Roundtable of Cobb County. Robert has written a number of books on Civil War, railroad and ghost town themes. His web site is http://rcjbooks.com/home
• How to start researching your family history.
• Pick up handouts about Genealogy.
• Basic resources available in our area.
• Talk with representatives from local historical organizations such as Historical Society, Daughters of American Revolution, United Daughters of the Confederacy, and much more.
• View family histories displayed by local people.
• Sign-up for additional information from the SRVGS.
Groups or individuals may have table space to share their information.
Contacts: SRVGS, P.O. Box 895, Hartwell, GA 30643
Email: David Ray (706-376-7396) or Brenda Harbin (706-376-9310) or Ellen Davenport email@example.com (706-498-6504) Visit http://www.srvgs.wordpress.com or visit our Face book page.