Savannah River Valley
MARCH 9, 2013
Hart County Adult Learning Center and in the downstairs meeting room at the
Hart County Library on Benson Street, Hartwell GA.
TIME 10:00am – 2:00pm
Set up 9:00 a. m.
12:30-1:30 Guest Speaker Presentation
Our speaker will be David Coughlin who will give a presentation on Cemeteries that were moved when Hartwell Lake was built. David is writing a book about the area before the dam was built, and the time the dam was being built, and the result on the economy of the area surrounding the lake. There will be pictures displayed of the Hartwell Dam being built along with many others before that Lake was built.
• How to start researching your family history.
• Pick up handouts about Genealogy.
• Basic resources available in our area.
• Talk with representatives from local historical organizations such as Historical Society, Daughters of American Revolution, United Daughters of the Confederacy, and much more.
• View family histories displayed by local people.
• Sign-up for additional information from the SRVGS
Groups or individuals may have table space to share their information.
Contacts: SRVGS, POB 895, Hartwell, GA 30643
Email: David Ray (706-376-7396) or Brenda Harbin
or Ellen Davenport firstname.lastname@example.org (706-498-6504) or Donna Long or visit http://www.srvgswordpress.com